Marketing Account Executive
MacKenzie is looking for a creative, dynamic person to join our team as an Account Executive. The ideal candidate has approximately 4-6 years of experience in marketing communications and public relations, preferably in an agency environment, and a BA/BS degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or other related degree.
Our MacKenzie Team:
How would we describe ourselves? Small but savvy. Experienced and fresh. Strategic and collaborative.
Our team is made up of a diverse mix of communications professionals, content strategists, marketers, designers and PR specialists. Together, our collective talents and tools help us create compelling stories that resonate with audiences and influencers, and build lasting brands that connect with customers.
We work with just about every type of client. Our portfolio spans a broad range of industries including agriculture, consulting, education, financial services, health care, transportation, tourism, public agencies and even countries.
We are looking for someone who is:
• A strong writer with the ability to craft compelling, creative content for blogs, websites, social media, newsletters, press releases and so on
• Skilled at developing and implementing public relations, marketing, communications, and social media strategies
• An individual with a sharp eye for detail and well-organized, able to deal with multiple projects thoroughly and efficiently
• Experienced in working directly with clients
• Resourceful and adept at shifting gears in a fast-paced working environment
• Excited to brainstorm creative ideas and solutions to client challenges
• Eager to learn, and willing to go the extra mile to deliver a quality piece of work
Some of the responsibilities include:
• Crafting copy for a variety of channels, including newsletters, websites, social media, press releases, white papers and more
• Coordinating with designers to develop collateral and content
• Developing social media campaigns
• Collaborating with senior management to help our clients tell their stories
• Working closely with senior management on the execution of clients’ strategic communication, marketing, media relations or community outreach initiatives
• Thinking strategically about long- and short-term content campaigns
• Developing plans and content/editorial calendars
• Contributing to planning stages of content strategies and procedures
• Copyediting marketing communications plans, proposals, and other materials as needed
Qualified candidates will have:
• 4-6 years of experience in copywriting and content creation
• Proficiency in Cision or other media monitoring software, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, email marketing tools, and WordPress (a strong plus)
• Strong social media knowledge and a grasp of analytics
If you are serious about joining our team, please include 2-3 writing samples when submitting an application!